Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lucky Me

Today I feel so lucky that I was able to meet one of the most amazing Korean foster families. I've heard so many wonderful things about this family from my other friends that have adopted children living in their home. And as expected, they were just as amazing as I had imagined.

My travel buddy Becky is adopting a beautiful little boy that lives with the Choi family. The Choi's were so kind to invite us to their home to celebrate Joseph Sung Min's birthday. They had the traditional doljabee ceremony. Sung Min picked the money which means...according to foster mom "Big Money!!" in his future. Then we ate a huge Korean dinner. Kyung Sook wins the award for the best bulgogi ever!


Little Big Joe Sung Min


Big Money!
Happy Joe




Seaweed soup, rice, bulgogi, sardines, fish cakes, kimchi and rice cakes


And after the feast Mr. Choi was nice enough to pile us in his car and drive us to the Dongdaemun Market. For my fellow friends that have been to Seoul...We must have missed the big Dongdaemun indoor building....and all the shops outside were closing up. What's up with that?!? I thought Dongdaemun was open until 5 a.m.  
Regardless, as a bonus we were able to see the very cool Cheonggyecheon Stream.










3 comments:

  1. Oh so happy for you and Becky! Omma and Appa are saints and we love them dearly. Big money choice for Joe is a great way to kick off his first year! Sorry you missed some shopping opportunities but there is always tomorrow :). Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Amy I love this! What an experience you are having~ and Becky's lil Joe, SO ADORABLE! I want to say " Oh.... My...God..... Behhh-key" lol I cannot wait for you to be joined with beautiful Elena. I love this blog you have put together, it's awesome.. Love and Miss You soooooo Much

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great people!!

    ReplyDelete