Friday, August 26, 2011

Power Tourists

In only 12 hours we ate breakfast, toured the Gyungbukgong Palace, strolled through the National Folk Museum, walked the streets in Insadong, shopped, shopped, shopped, and ate a Korean lunch... shopped, had "chops" made for the kids, stocked up on hanboks and Becky even took up the offer of a "free hug" from a handsome young Korean.
For those of you wondering "Well where the heck is that beautiful chubby cheeked little baby?" She's here in Seoul and still living with her foster family. But I haven't met her yet. I will be able to meet Elena and her foster family for a few hours on Monday. Then, I won't be able to see her again until we are flying home on Wednesday. After that she and I will have a nice long day of traveling home to the U.S.

Me at the Main Palace, Gyeongbukgong
Originally constructed in 1394 (thank you Wikipedia)
Detail on the building






In Insadong having the "dojangs" made for the kids. The dojang is a handcarved name stamp that is used in Korea when signing important documents.
Lunch


Bibimbap

Free hugs.


4 comments:

  1. You are making me miss Seoul. Hope you've had some successful shopping! Looking forward to those pictures on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH for Korean food (very proud of you!). The pics are amazing! Wish I was there! Winter Olympics is starting to look better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh-mazing! I am so very proud you Amy! You are doing such a great thing.. Xo love you

    ReplyDelete